To provide proactive innovative leadership to TNQ industry, driving collaborative destination marketing initiatives that significantly grow sustainable tourism in Tropical North Queensland.
To be the world’s best destination to engage with nature.
Our six (6) key areas of strategic focus 2015 – 2020
1. Domestic Market insight driven Co-operative marketing
- Strong partnerships with TNQ industry to deliver highly effective, customer-insight-driven domestic cooperative marketing initiatives.
2. International Trade Destination Development
- Utilise (DEPGA) destination experience and product gap analysis of each target market to inform a and drive a united TTNQ/TNQ industry destination management focus and international trade distributor influence agenda.
3. Mono Destination Development
- Define and market, consumer relevant, mono destination attributes and opportunities to trade distributors and airlines in short/medium haul markets.
4. 365 day a year Event Calendar and Leverage
- Develop a strong cooperative relationship with industry, Government and event organisers to create a portfolio of events spread across the 12 months of the year that are leveraged to the maximum benefit of the region.
5. Consumer Advocacy
- Drive consumer advocacy of the destination via traditional and in particular digital mans.
6. Destination Tourims Plan Management
- Manage the facilitation of stakeholder focus and implementation of DTP priorities.
- $4.36B expenditure FY 2020/21.
Key statistics for Tropical North Queensland
TTNQ’s role is to build destination awareness in Australia and in selected international holiday and business tourism markets through a targeted program of marketing activities to achieve maximum visitation, length of stay, expenditure and regional dispersal within Tropical North Queensland. TTNQ works with industry and key stakeholders to achieve this objective.
TTNQ is committed to the community and sustaining the unique culture and environments of Tropical North Queensland.